Sunday, January 20, 2008

Peoria, IL (The Vineyard Cafe)

The night after the Quincy show, we played a show at The Vineyard Cafe in Peoria, IL. Our buddies, The Forecast, headlined the show (Peoria is their hometown). Spitalfield and a local band were on the bill as well.

The show ended up being really good. The room was pretty small, but it was definitely packed. I would stay 175+ people were there. The guys played pretty well and the crowd was into it. There was a mic that kept fall off Tim's snare drum, so I had to keep running on stage and taping it down. Eventually, we got it to stay in place.

I really enjoy playing in towns around central IL. We normally do pretty well there and it's just a good place to build up a solid following. I hope that we can play some more shows around the midwest in the near future..

After the show, I went out in downtown Peoria for my buddy, Seth's, birthday. It was a blast! We ended up seeing an 80's cover band called "Hairbanger's Ball." I'd seen this band play many times in college, and alwaysloved it! They're a blast. I also got to hang out with my good friend, Caleb, who was home from Florida (for the holidays). Overall, it was an awesome night!

No comments: