Sunday, January 20, 2008

Springfield, IL (Club Chrome)

On December 28th, we played a hometown show in Springfield, IL at Club Chrome. This was a venue that we had never played before. It was actually really cool. It fits 1,000+ people and the stage is pretty legit. It's the best venue we have in Springfield right now. I hope we can start playing some shows there...

Anyways, this show was The Junior Varsity's last show EVER. This is a big deal for the central IL music scene. The Junior Varsity were around for about six years, and they were inspirational to a lot of people in our music scene. I know that I was a huge fan of them. I always looked up to them when I was in my old band. They were always a step ahead of us (they had a record deal, toured nationally, etc.). I really really enjoyed this band and hate to see them go.

The show ended up being awesome! There were around 700 people there. This is HUGE for a Springfield show. We've never played for more than maybe 400 in Springfield. I'm sure a big part of the draw was because it was the JV's final show. I believe that we drew a substantial amount of the crowd as well. Our guys played really well and they got the best crowd response they've ever gotten in Springfield. There were some sound issues during their set, but they were minor.

Two other bands (Greenwood and Wise & Burn) were on the bill as well. It was great playing with them. We use to play with Greenwood in our old band....they're really good guys. Wise & Burn is a new hometown band that our friends started. Once they find a lead singer, they'll be set. I look forward to seeing what this band does.

It's safe to say that everyone had a great night! I love when the guys play big hometown shows. We'll have to get another one lined up in the near future!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping to catch The Graduate with Greenwood on March 22nd. I'm a big fan of both bands, so it should be an awesome time! Nice blog!

-mikey