Monday, January 29, 2007

Little Rock, AR

We were in Little Rock, AR yesterday. This was a special day on the
tour that I had been anticipating for quite a while -- I got to see my
brother and his girlfriend. We got to Little Rock mid-afternoon. We
loaded-in and sound-checked and then hung out for a bit. My brother and
his girfriend showed up before the show and hung out. They even rounded
up a whole crew of friends to come to the show! Pretty sweet. My
brother came bearing gifts -- some of my favorite snack foods. That's
exactly what the band needed!! We could always use some extra snacks
(considering we're on a tight budget and all). Yes, that WAS a hint to
everyone reading, haha.

The show went really well! I ran lights during The Graduate's set.
This was the first time I had ever run lights. It was actually really
fun! I plan on doing it as much as possible (basically whenever the
venue permits it). The venue was really cool and everyone had a great
time. There was even a pretty decent crowd (especially for it being a
Sunday night in Arkansas)!

My brother was nice enough to hook us up with a hotel room, so we went
there after the show. Two of the other bands decided to get rooms at the
same place (so we could all hang out). We (all the bands) had a little
hotel party after the show. It was a blast! It was the first time on the
tour that everyone hung out collectively. I hope we can all hang out
together a few more times before the tour is over!

I drove the crew to Springfield, MO today. I am currently at our show
(which just started). I better get going!

*Thank you so much to Ben, Marcella, and the rest of the Arkansas crew!
I really appreciate your support. It means more than you will ever
know.*

No comments: