Saturday, December 8, 2007

Buffalo, NY (Xtreme Wheelz)

I don't have a whole lot to say about Buffalo, NY. We've played here
three times this year. I believe this is the first time we were here
when the weather wasn't horrible.

We used to play at a venue called 'Icon,' but that got shut down a few
months ago. Tonight's show was at a skate park called 'Xtreme Wheelz.'
This is the first time I've been to a legit skate park, so I was pretty
entertained.

This place had a ski ball machine, which I was very stoked about! I
spent all my quarters playing it. Playing ski ball took me right back to
the childhood days of endless birthday parties at Chuck E. Cheese. The
thing is, I'm not sure if I've gotten any better at the game over the
years. I need to put one of these machines in my basement! With a lot of
practice, maybe I'll get good. Do they have a professional ski ball
association?

The show was pretty good. The sound was bad, but what do you expect from
a show at a skate park?!

Tomorrow is the last day of the tour. That seems crazy to me! The show's
in Detroit.

We're driving part way tonight and getting a hotel around Cleveland.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

that place sounds like the Happy Meal of all-ages venues!