Thursday, April 10, 2008

Let the Marathon of Tours Begin!

Yesterday we left home for a nine week outing. This will be the longest we've ever been out for a single period of time. We're all really excited.

We've been home since mid-December (besides the week out with Simple Plan in February), so we're definitely all itching to get back on the road.

We're doing three tours over these nine weeks. Here they are (in order):
1. Mayday Parade/My American Heart
2. Our headlining tour with 1997
3. Nightmare Of You/Paper Rival/Edison Glass

Tour #1 should be really good. It starts today in Gainesville, FL. The show should be great!
Tour #2 will probably be pretty interesting. It's our first headlining tour, and we're playing a lot of new cities. Hopefully it goes well!
Tour #3 should be pretty solid.

I'm going to try to post a blog daily . Keep checking back for updates!
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

On a non-tour related note, I ran my first half marathon last weekend in Springfield, IL. I had trained for a few months for it, but I really didn't know how it'd go. Well, it went better than I had planned on!

I ran the course (13.1 miles) in 1:33:52 (which is a 7:10 mile pace).
There were 807 runners who completed the race, and I finished 66th.
I was 2nd in my age group (Males 20-24) (There were 31 guys in the division)

Overall, it was a great experience! I hope to do another one (and possibly even a marathon) sometime down the road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brad and I will be there tonight in Gainesville! Look for us and we'll look for you...

**Katie**