Monday, July 21, 2008

San Antonio, TX (The Scout Bar)

We went in to 96.1 FM - The Mix early Friday afternoon. We did an acoustic performance for about 30 listeners from the station in the stations little studio called the "Sprint Mix Lounge." It was actually really cool. Tim got a new percussion instrument called a Cahong, and it really gave a new feel to the songs.

Secondhand Serenade played two or three songs after our guys played. The crowd was really excited to see him play in such a small environment.

After the radio station event, we went to the show. The venue was brand new. It was really nice! The stage, sound, and lighting was awesome! This was good because we normally play some really bad venues in San Antonio. The guys played really well that night and the crowd seemed to think so too.

I finally got our new credit card machine activated and working that night. This was a huge relief to me. I had been dealing with some technical difficulties with the machine for about a week.

The machine is easy to use, and so far, it seems to really boost sales a good amount!

After the show, there was a cover band that played at the venue. We hung around for a while, watched the band, and had a few drinks.

We then left the venue and drove to our hotel in Waco, TX. We stayed there for a few hours and then drove to Oklahoma City.

*Here comes a crazy story: When we were at the radio station earlier in the day, there was a dj there named Russell Rush. I knew the name sounded familiar, but I couldn't pinpoint where I knew it from. Well, we talked for a minute, and he told me that he used to dj in Bloomington, IL (where I went to college). I then put two and two together and realized that I had listened to this guy all time for a few years in college! Crazy that we met each other in San Antonio.

No comments: