Sunday, June 24, 2007

Chicago, IL (House Of Blues)

Last night's show was at the House of Blues in Chicago. This was the
last show of our six week tour. We had been looking forward to this one
for a long time! The show ended up being everything we hoped for and
more.

The guys played in front of a crowd of at least 800. This way by far the
biggest show on tour! They had never played Chicago House of Blues, so
this was a pretty big deal for them! A lot of friends and family came
up for the show.

The guys played well and kids were really into it! We ended up doing the
most in merch sales (out of any show on tour)! The sound was awesome
and the whole performance was just sweet! I stood sidestage during their
set. Corey actually brought me on stage part way through their set and
thanked me for all my efforts. It was really cool.

I don't mean to get all sentimental, but I was really proud of the guys
last night. Playing at that venue was a new landmark for them
(especially in front of that size crowd). (There ended up being about
1,000 people there by the end of the night.) We have always wanted to
break into the Chicago scene, and it seems like that is finally
happening.... The show was a perfect way to end the tour.

Overall, I had a great time on this tour. We all experienced a lot of
new stuff and saw some new sights. We met some great people that I hope
to tour with again. We've got some exciting things coming up in the next
few weeks, so I'll make sure to keep this thing updated!

No comments: