Sunday, July 1, 2007

Rochester, IL (Sparks In the Park)

Last night, the guys played in my hometown of Rochester, IL (population: 3,000). The show was part of the town's 4th of July celebration, 'Sparks In the Park.' The guys played a little bit later than expected (sound to a while to set up). Anyways, there was a decent crowd (150-200). The guys played well and the kids were way into it. They were chanting along to a lot of the songs. We did well in merch sales! The major downfall of the set was the sound (the sound guy kept trying to tweak levels when they didn't need to be tweaked). Regardless, the guys still had fun and the crowd enjoyed the set.

I announced the guys before they played. Kind of cheesy, but I was excited to finally show them off to my hometown. I'm glad that people (from my hometown) got to see what I'm doing with my life! Overall, it was a good night!

No comments: