Friday, May 23, 2008

Kansas City, MO (Main Street Cafe)

I'm here at our show at The Main Street Cafe in Kansas City, MO. I have to tell you, this venue is awesome!! It's one of my favorite venues we've ever played.

This is the band's first time playing in Kansas City (as a full band). (Corey played here acoustic once...)

Ok, back to how sweet this venue is.....

We rolled up to the place this afternoon, and we weren't really sure what we it was going to be like. It was an older looking building, etc. Well, we walked in a realized that you can't judge a book by it's cover. The place is really nice! Really cool lighting, cool decor, etc. Oh, did I mention how great the hospitality is? The generous people working the show made all the bands a home-cooked meal. It was amazing!

On top of that, this place has a shower and bedrooms. We weren't sure where we were going to stay tonight, but our problem is now solved! Awesome.

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty tired. We woke up in Chicago and made the drive all the way to KC. We passed straight through Springfield (our hometown). I even passed the exit to my little town of Rochester. Ahhh so close, yet so far away. We're still out on tour for another three and a half weeks. It's all good though. We're having a good time!

Well, I'm done rambling. I hope we make our way back to KC sometime soon.

*Thanks to all the people at the Main St. Cafe for being so kind. This type of hospitality is rare for bands of our size. We really appreciate it!

No comments: